Link Dump Friday №80
The plan for this week's Link Dump Friday was to have a ball/bouncey theme. Then all these non-bouncing games came along, I got carried away, and suddenly we're left with a set of games that are great fun but, sadly, do not adhere to my original plan. Next time I'm shooting for a theme along the lines of "idunnowhateverlol"!
- Ball - Nice, simple name for a game, eh? In Ball, you have a ball. On a string. And you whip it around and around. The goal is stated in plain letters at the bottom of the screen: click the ball. When you do, it changes color. So... why aren't you doing that? And no fair using [tab] or right clicks to cheat!
- Bounce Shot - New from Nigoro (yes, the Rose & Camellia team) comes a Space Invaders clone with a little extra... bounce. The aliens have constructed a bouncey wall and surrounded Earth. Fortunately you can use this wall to bounce shots and hit the aliens from behind, taking out special foes for special bonuses.
- Secret Files - A great brain workout, this game drops words on files from the top of the screen and asks you to put them in the correct filing cabinet. The only problem is the cabinets aren't labelled, so you have to determine which drawer holds which category of words and click accordingly. Adjustable difficulty and settings make this one a big winner, and comparing your scores to other players makes you feel all smart and stuff.
- Split Words - Another one to get your neurons going, you are given a category along with a series of words split into segments. Simply click sets of letters and combine them to form words.
- Hit the Jackpot 2 - A detailed archery game with incredibly smooth gameplay, a leaderboard that pits countries against each other, and a simple experience system that makes the game easier as you play.
- Play with Spider - Not a game, but an adorable web toy where you control a cute little spider that the equally cute doggy thing is curious about. Your reaction: AWW CUTEST THING EVAR!!! But if you want the creepiest thing evar, try playing with a realistic spider, see how things go then!