Link Dump Friday №138
It's Halloween Eve, and you know what that means! No hard partying for you, my friend. You need to stay inside and conserve your energies for tomorrow night, when you'll be fending over sugar-crazed moppets in seventeen dollar department store costumes, and sullen teenagers forced to look after their baby brothers. Fortunately for you, Link Dump Friday has your back with a collection of groovy and ghoulish games to get you in a seasonal sort of mood and not in any way meant to distract you while I go through your candy bowls and pick out all the good stuff. (Pssst, we like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!)
- Haunted: The Trapped Soul - [Warning: Not suitable for young children.] Oh look, a cabin in the woods! How quaint! Do you think an unholy demonic possession will bring the property value down? While some of the puzzles in this creepy point-and-click title are best described charitably as abstract, and the narrative may be a little odd, it still manages to send a chill up your spine thanks to some top-notch atmosphere and lovely hand-drawn artwork.
- Halloween Sugar Rush - Kids these days are rebels! They have no respect for a man's lawn! So if you want to keep yours looking lush and green (your lawn that is, not your kids), you'll fling the candy from the front porch to the little tricksters before they can set a foot on your beautiful, succulent grass! Just be quick about it, since apparently these children are coated in some sort of grass-killing acid. No respect, I tell you!
- RedEye 1031 - [Warning: Violence and blood.] As if you needed another reason to be terrified of flying through the air in a giant, combustible metal tomb. There you are, minding your own business, running and jumping down the aisle like a gibbon when suddenly... kaboom! It's just you, your oxygen mask, and waves of very angry, very hungry shadow beasts. And they stopped serving dinner an hour ago! Hmmm... doesn't that guy look familiar?
- One More Candy - Ohmanohmanohman. Making a little ghost cry is bad luck, worse than breaking a mirror under a ladder with a black cat! There must be some candy somewhere in this cute and quick little point-and-click game for you to give the spooky little fellow. And make it something good, too! No pennies! People who give out pennies on Halloween are haunted 24/7 and that is a fact.
- Pumpkin Remover - Hey there, physics puzzle fans! Don't be sad, we didn't forget you! From the creators of Red Remover (excited yet?) comes a seasonal treat of... rotten pumpkins! Yaaaaaaaay!... what? What's with the look? Hey, I'll have you know rotten pumpkins are a delicacy around these parts! And you'll eat them and you'll like it, pal!