Daxo is an interactive portfolio created by musician and designer Hans Reichel. The style is similar to Blue Suburbia, another non-game we featured recently on JIG, and pulls together sound and image in a fusion of interactive multimedia.
Stuck somewhere between a portfolio and a game, Daxo showcases the creative talent of Mr. Reichel in many areas, including flash design, font creation and composing. After a short intro you're presented with a list of twelve different pages you can explore in any order you like:
- Erdmaennchen - Toy around with pictures of prairie dogs.
- Font Design 1 - A piece about designing fonts.
- Tongues - Listen to a looping musical score while you play with on-screen visuals.
- Join the Band - Play a "game" by making sounds with little blobs.
- Heads - A psychadellic experience with smiling heads and bats.
- Font Design 2 - About Hans' FF Dax font.
- The Island - A clip from the movie Hyperdax.
- Problems - A soundboard toys with you.
- Some Guitars - About full-fret guitars.
- The Secret - About the Daxophone.
- Downloads - Grab a font, image and pdf info file or two.
- Thanks - and more news - Find out what Hans has been up to lately.
Some of the pieces are truly stunning while a few are a little too long if you aren't interested in the subject matter. You can always skip a scene by changing the page number in the address bar. Hans Reichel's site is a great example of what creativity can do when given a little time and a flexible outlet such as Flash.